Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1993 14:49:27 -0400
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
My munster turns one year old next week.  Happy birthday Nybs. =)
It's weird to realize that the .8 lb "energizer" (she kept going and
going and going) ferret that I brought home from the pet store has
become a *much* mellower, much more affectionate 2 lb baby.  (Major
abdominal surgery, foreign body removal =(, may have had a part in
the increase in affection.  Her Nybs doesn't like the vet's anymore.)

Thinking on the past year with the brat,  I realize how much I've learned
through cohabitating w/ a ferret.  One of my first lessons was that
unescorted drinks do *not* belong on the coffee table.  (Not unless I learn
to enjoy scrubbing the carpet anyway).  Another important lesson was
that a room is not finished if all the accessible corners do not have
plastic squares of floor protectors in them.  (Her favorite *NO* spot is
in the corner in front of the door.  A litterbox there would make entering
and leaving my apt. an, ummm..., *interesting* experience.)

I also learned that ferrets are thieves.  Mine seems to be especially
fascinated with shoes and bathroom stuff.  I don't really mind the shoes.
But the little brat has a thing for razors!  It's not like I leave them
laying around, but when she gets on the rim of the tub while I'm taking
a shower and steals one that's going too darn far!  OTOH, it was hilarious
watching her drag a full bottle of mousse out of the bathroom and under
the dresser in the bedroom.  She also loves my badge to get into/out of
the building I work in.  I've had to get a T(emporary) badge more times
in the past year than I'd ever gotten before.

I've met a few nice people (and ferrets too, of course) since Nybs joined
my household.  BTW, my cat, Murphy, likes Amy's ferret, Sneakers, (Hi Amy!)
much more than she likes Nybs.  I think Nybs is just too spastic for her.

Well, I just wanted to contribute some neat ferret stuff since it seems
to be a trend here lately.

Later,

Diane &
      Murphy &
             Nybble
       Diane McElyea -- [log in to unmask] -- Design Engineer
  Martin Marietta Corporation -- Electronic Systems Center -- Orlando, Florida