Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 1994 10:47:20 -0400
        Last night, I was sitting down having some cake and milk when the phone
rang.... I jumped up to get it, forgetting (in my haste) that the big mug of
milk was sitting on the coffee table within easy ferret reach.... (and the
ferrets were both up and playing...).
        Needless to say, I came back to find an overturned mug, a big wet spot
on the carpet, and no ferrets anywhere in sight.  Given their love for milk,
there is no doubt in my mind that they finished as much as they possibly could
before disappearing.
        When I got up this morning, I looked in their litter box, and found
that one or both of them had definately been sick with diarrhea over the
night... Had I not been expecting it because of the milk, the sight of those
stools would have sent me into a panic....  they looked more like piles of sand
than anything else... no form or shape, just piles of wet sand...
        I woke them both up, and made them go to the bathroom for me one at a
time, and both of them had normal-looking stools, so I am assuming they just
got sick from the milk (as compared to being sick for some other reason that
might require real treatment) and that the worst is over (since their stools
now are fine)....  But I feel terribly guilty, since at least one (if not both)
of them must have had a miserable night.....

-Rochelle