From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1993 10:59:07 -0500
>    What do ferrets like for treats?  I have Ferretone which Cleo loves but
> I have also tried giving her cat treats which she utterly disdains.  These

    One of mine does not like anything Science Diet dry cat food,
the other eats almost anything.  Favorites are banana, raisins, fresh
green beans/snow peas, canned chick peas.  I squish the banana up
and put it on a plate.  This saves on finding out where he keeps
his stash of food every other day.  Bananas tend to grow alittle
fur down here.

> employees who found it very amusing to make the ferrets 'laugh'.  They
> grabbed the ferret by the legs and prodded its belly with their fingers
> while the ferret was squirming and biting and trying to get away.  They
> did this until the ferret started chattering loudly, squaking rather.

    I'm still a novice in the field of ferrets, but I've never heard
a ferret chatter unless it was in pain.  Mine make alot of noise cherping
and clucking while playing, but thats a totaly deferent sound.  I would
make sure you do something about this.  It's hurting the ferrets wich
in turn they may not trust their new parents and bite them harder than
usual baby ferret biting.  Thus some new ferret owners may just keep
their new ferrets caged up for the rest of their lives. Or just
give them up to some shelter that doesn't deal with ferrets and puts
them to sleep.  Please make sure they know that there hurting them
and not tickling them.  If they don't stop report them to the Humane
Society.  Hopefuly they'er just ignorant and not cruel.

    Have a good weekend every one.

    Brad, Sebastian and Mako.