From:
Cheryl Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1993 06:56:59 -0500
   Tracy, you asked about how ferrets and birds get along.  I used to
raise both ferrets and exotic birds, and I found that it was best to keep
the parrots and ferrets apart for the most part.  Most of my ferrets
weren't aggressive towards my other animals, but there were a couple that
seemed to regard some of my parrots as potential Hot Lunch on the Hoof,
so to speak, and most of the parrots would gladly have taken a chunk out
of the li'l weasels if given half the chance.  It always seemed to me to
be a real possibility that the ferrets might well respond to a parrot's
aggressive stance and attempt to bite by attacking the parrot in return,
even if the ferret was much too quick for the parrot to actually get to.
There may be people whose parrots and ferrets became fast friends, but I
thought the potential for drama was just a little too high in my
menagerie. :)
                              -- Cheryl