From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1993 15:53:02 -0500
> From:   [log in to unmask] (Christian Miller)
> Date:   Sun, 7 Nov 1993 19:55:00 -0500
> Subject: Florida
>
> Is Florida a FFZ?  What about the other states on the east coast?  I
> might be driving from NY to St. Petersburg, Florida, and don't want to
> give up my baby Feasel.

        No Ferrets are very leagal in FLA.  I think the only place you
may incounter on the east coast going south from NY is DC.  But you
don't go threw there?  Unless your a gluton for punishment.  No offense
intended to you all in DC.  But you must admit the traffic [log in to unmask]

>         Well... my question (thank god you are all saying) is this:  Did I
>         handle that the right way?  How do you handle a little temper
>         venting?  He's only about 4 months old.
>
>         Mike

        Sounds like you did the right thing to me.  I don't let my guys
talk back at me.  Well unless we're play fighting or some thing.  They
know how far they can push me and very seldom do I have to cage them for
some thing they did.

> posting, Laska was has lived just with me for almost two years
> and although she is extremely friendly with people, I was worried
> about how she'd get along with other animals. Laska seems okay
> with the cat and the dog, but has been kind of aggressive with
> the other ferret, Jill.  She is bigger than Jill and chases and
> picks fights with her. Can anyone tell me whether this is to be
> expected, whether it is likely to get better, and how long it
> might take for Laska and Jill to become friends?  Also, is there
> anything Laska's new family can do to help?

> Thanks very much! Laurie (and Laska and Jill)

        Well new ferrets in the house always well 97% of the time
like to battle it out to see who's going to the dominant ferret.
Just give them time and for the first several days only let them
play together supervised.  Good luck.

        Once again hope you all have a good weekend.

        Brad Sebastian and mako.