Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1993 12:02:10 -0500
to Michelle about collaring her ferrets:
        When I first tried to collar my little furries, I used a cat
collar...it was an adjustable one, that got very small.  Unfortunately, the
fact that it was adjustable, was just asking for trouble, and the little
houdinis not only made their escape, but lost the collars quite effectively
under some furniture in the process.  Now I use ferret harnesses.  I picked
them up at one of the petstores I frequent and they seem to work well... my
female, Josie, doesn't seem to mind it that much, but the male, Ivan, hates
it.  He will just go limp, and refuse to move when he has it on.  but the
nice thing about them, is there is a loop, on the top of the harness, where
the leach attaches, that the tags can go on, so they are not on the neck of
the ferret for them to trip over.  The harness doesn't seem to hinder their
movement, but if they work really hard at it, they can wiggle the harness
around to the tags are under their belly, or slip their front legs through
the neck loop...

        Well, hope that helps!
                --Monica and the great houdinis...Ivan and Josie!