From:
Richard Chandler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1993 03:01:41 -0500
[log in to unmask] (Todd Cromwell) sez:
> 2. Re claws in bells
> If you have a solution, or if you know of a
> good source for very small bells into which claws won't get wedged in
> this way (a constant-width slot would be safer than Y-shaped), I'd like
> to hear about it.

If you own a Dremel tool, use the cut off wheel to change the shape of the
slots.

By the way, Hi, I just joined the list.
My question:
I live in Washington State in Vancouver, which is just north of Portland OR.
I've been interested in owning ferrets for a while.  I'm finally in a
position where I might be able to have a pet, and for a while I was debating
between ferrets and bunnies.  (It's odd, I'm the  only one in my family
without a cat, but after cat-sitting my sister's little monsters, I think I'd
prefer something I can put in a hutch when I'm away to keep it out of
trouble). (One of them ate my bicycle seat!)

Anyway, after hearing the pros and cons, (Like bunnies are dumb as logs and
their piss is the worst smelling in the animal kingdom :-) and considering
that I was more interested in carpet sharks to begin with, I've decided I
want to get a pair of ferrets.

The problem is, where to get them?  The local pet shops barely even know what
Ferrets are (But they have lots of Gerbils, mice and rabbits to show me).
This gives me concern when it comes to finding a qualified vet also.

Anyone around here who can help me out?