Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1992 17:08:41 -0400
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

At what age has a ferret typically reached his full growth?  I have a
3 1/2 month old sable ferret, Nibble, who weighs 1.4 lbs and has, thankfully,
reduced the nibbling.  I know cats typically reach full size at about 1 year,
though they are still gangly at that age.  But, I have no idea about ferrets.
She's a lot smaller than the other adults I've seen so I assume she'll continue
growing?

On a very positive note.  She's mostly litter trained, pretty good about biting,
and has charmed all my friends who've met her.  Unfortunately, she still likes
the cat (especially her tail!!) much more than the cat likes her.  Luckily, my
cat's too laid back to actually fight the ferret but I feel bad that the cat
 (Murphy)
is reduced to hiding out on top of things that the ferret can't get to.  So,
another question...  Will the cat eventually let the ferret near/will the
ferret eventually leave the cat alone? It's been a little over 6 weeks and the
nearest we came to tolerance was when the cat let the ferret sniff her for 5
 secs
before leaving the other day.

Thanks for the help,

Diane, Murphy, and Nibble
        cat         ferret

       Diane McElyea -- [log in to unmask] -- Design Engineer
  Martin Marietta Corporation -- Electronic Systems Center -- Orlando, Florida