From:
Nancy Hartman CIS graduate student <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1992 20:56:45 -0400
I'm forwarding all these for Chere McCoy...

- Nancy

From: Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
MMDF-Warning:  Parse error in original version of preceding line at
 louie.udel.edu
Subject: Angela Part 1

Nancy please see these get to all newtworks, Internet Genie, etc.
It began at 6:00AM Sunday 7 Sept. 1992.  Up and about Pet Taxi's were
loaded into the truck (which the night before had been loaded with
food, medical supplies and litter).  At 7:00AM everything went to the
airport and the plane was loaded.  Larry called Miami Center, and
the Opa Locka Tower for clearance - both were curious and took great
interest in the Ferret Rescue (guarenteed minimum ground time). Larry
was notified of weather and special restricted areas (everywhere down
there).  Great faith was put in Larry after all a retired Lt. Col
USAF with two tours in Vietnam flying fighters - all knew the airlift
in Larry's hands would go without a hitch.  At 8:00AM Skyhawk N3422E
lifted off from New Hibiscus Airport, Vero Beach, FL.  Meanwhile in
Miami, Angela, husband Juan, and Seth (a Miami Club Member). were
getting Evacuees ready. All kids had been freshly scrubbed, medical
records gather up, put in pet taxi's and off they went to meet the
plane in Opa Locka.  At precisely 9:30AM (coordinated meeting time)
Skyhawk N3422E was cleared to land.  They taxied in and there was
Juan and the ground personnel waving them into the MAIN terminal.
N3422E was given a parking position out in front.  The cars bringing
the ferrets in were allowed and unpresented parking slot 100 feet from
the plane.  Ferrets were unloaded and put in the shade.  Temperature
was 82@  - everything must be taken care of in 45 minutes
time is critical the temperature is rising.