From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1992 17:12:24 -0400
Well, it's been ages since I told you the latest on poor Slink.  (For any new
folks, Slink had her esophagus accidently cut by a vet while the vet removed
a benign mass in Slink's neck.   Slink was in very very serious trouble there
for a while, but...)

Slink is doing pretty well.  She still gets some food into her lungs when
she eats (and she eats LOTS) and thus still has some aspiration pneumonia,
but she has improved slightly over the past few months.  Except for the
occasional heavy sneezing/lung problems and extra sleeping which is probably
due to medications, she's quite a little furball.  Bucks around, chases me...
you know... all the usual ferret stuff.

Took her to the Animal Medical Center the other day.  Dr. Rosenthal thought
Slink looked very well all things considered.  Slink is back to her normal
weight too.

So, Slink still has her good days and bad days, but at least for the moment
it looks like she's leading a pretty good ferret life and hopes to continue
to do so.

A final note: I have paid the vet bills - the vet's insurance company finally
reimbursed me for the bulk of them.  (Took a little persuasion from my end).

A final final note: Thanks again to all of you for your kind thoughts and your
notes of support.  You've been really great.

Bill