From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1993 23:11:00 -0400
Steve--
     I have a vet that I am very pleased with who splits his time between
two clinics, one in Roanoke (north of Ft. Worth, near the Tarrant Co/Denton
Co line) and another in Irving (suburb west of Dallas, near the
Dallas/Tarrant Co. line and D/FW airport).  He really likes ferrets, is a
member of the Ferret Lovers Club here, and is interested in seeing ferrets
legalized all over the metroplex.  He is willing to spend lots of time with
you, and wants very much to see any medical related info you may stumble
across in your reading/conversing about ferrets.  His name is Dr. Greg Moore.
 The clinic in Roanoke is at this address:
             Box 1258                     (817) 430-8989  or
             513 Highway 114W             (817) 430-8988
             Roanoke, TX  76262
 I don't have the address or phone for the Irving clinic, but I'm sure the
other office can provide it or connect it.  Our Ferret Lovers Club put out a
 listing of all the vets and pet stores frequented by their members in a
newsletter a couple of months ago, so if I knew more exactly where you
intend to live, I could tell you which ones would be reasonably close to
you.  Where you live could be important to you and your ferret!  They are
NOT legal in every city in Dallas/Ft. Worth!  Some cities enforce the ban,
others do not.  If you don't know where you will be living yet, I can get
you a list of the legal status of ferrets in most of the local
municipalities from our club's legal officer.  If you wish to contact the
club, the address is:    FLC
                         P.O. Box 286
                         Bedford, Texas  76095
                         (817) 577-3949
 The phone is actually the President's house.  Her name is Karen Grant.
Don't be afraid to call the number (at reasonable hours of course!), as it
is listed as the "Ferret Help Line" in every issue of our newsletter and on
all the FLC literature.  If you wish to contact me, I read the FML daily and
can be E-mailed at the address S.Thomason3 on GEnie.  Hope to meet you and
your fuzzies in the future!

            Debra