From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1992 14:32:51 -0500
   I only became interested in ferrets a few months ago (don't have one yet;
I'll probably be ready in a month or two). I understand from what I've read
that the usual colors are sable (or some variation but generally brown or tan)
and albino. One of the local pets stores recently got in some 7-8 week old kits
which were medium grey in color over most of the body, with a darker grey mask,
legs, and (I think) tail. Is this a common color as well? Could this be because
they are younger ferrets, or is their color pretty well established by this
age? Not that I'd mind having a grey ferret. These little guys were adorable.
I was tempted to take one home right then, but I haven't even got a cage yet,
and the local pet stores only have hamster cages (about 12 wide X 24 long X 12
high). I'm waiting to see what the FerretStuff and Ferret World catalogs have
to offer.

-John Rosloot-