From:
Undetermined origin c/o LISTSERV administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 1992 18:31:25 -0400
Boy, this sure seems like Ferret General Hospital again.
Nancy & Percy, Bill & Slink, our prayers are with you. . .

Bandit has had a bit of a setback this weekend.  Saturday was quite
hot, & by the time Jeff got him to Dr. Jeglum's in West Chester (PA),
Bandit was feeling quite punk.  I don't know if it was heat or dehydration
or what.  He had the Vincristine this weekend, which is the one chemo
drug that seems to bother him.  The other 3 (L-asperiginase (sp),
Cytoxan & Methotrexate (sp) never seemed to have any side effects.
Anyway, when Jeff got him home, he was quite hot (to the touch) &
collapsed on the floor when he climbed out of the carrier.  He slept
most of the rest of the day & Sunday & today.  This has not been his
usual pattern after Vincristine.  Usually he is tired but not wiped
out for a couple of days & then bounces back by Monday.

This time, no.  We have him in isolation in our bedroom so we can
keep a better eye on his intake & outtake.  He is not eating or
drinking much, in fact we forcefed him water Saturday night for fear
he was dehydrated.  He perked up a little after that & ate some dry
food.  He is not showing much interest in much of anything except sleep.
Has had some nutrical with prednisone but refuses to finish it.
These are NOT the side-effects to expect from Vincristine by the way
(diarhhea and/or vomiting).  The listlessness, yes, but not the rest.
He is also extremely unsteady on his feet & has trouble walking.

We will be calling Dr. Jeglum tomorrow to report his condition.
Will keep the List posted.  We are not looking upon this as an
emergency at the moment because he WILL eat & WILL drink & WILL
get up & walk & go to the bathroom.  It's mainly that behavior
resembles the Bandit of February (prior to surgery & chemo) & not
the Bandit of the last few weeks (bouncy & nearly normal).
He's not hot anymore, so I don't think it's a fever or infection,
but I really don't know at this point.  Will let you know. . .

Katie

P.S. Bill, Chris can confirm this but I don't think Dr. Rosenthal
is on the mailing list.  I've been campaigning to get her to
subscribe -- maybe you can put in another good word?  Hope
Slink is hanging in there.