From:
Paula Lytle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1993 12:46:36 -0400
To Geri- Re: what to use at the bottom of the cage?
We use a pellet-like litter made out of recycled newspapers. One version
of this is called "Yesterday's Mews" (a cat product my felines won't
tolerate); another is called "Good News" or something similar. These
pellets are dustless and odor-absorbing. Persephone doesn't dig and throw
them the way she does with other litters. If you have difficulty finding
it, send me email and I'll send you the address.
To Leonard: Re interactions of other species with ferrets. Your cat story
was great- My Siamese plays a chase game with Persephone in which they
alternate who is chasing whom. It is really a sight to watch, but yours
sounds better. I just wanted to warn you about the parrot. My vet is a
devoted ferret person and always has a couple of his own. When he got
married, his wife had a parrot. They didn't think this was a problem as
the ferret had gotten along with other animals well. The ferret killed the
parrot shortly after they moved in together. It sounds like yours are
antagonistic as well. I hope it works out OK.
Paula and Persephone  (and Pangur and Magla- the cats)