From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1993 07:43:07 -0400
> Date:   Fri, 23 Jul 1993 11:30:51 -0400
> From:   Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Listless, lonely ferret
> I've been watching him closely for the last month - trying to make sure
> I interact with him daily (its been tough with a new (6 mo) baby in the
> house).  In the past week, he's lost some control of his back legs.
> When he's walking across our slick oak floor, he can't keep his back
> feet under him.  He ends up flat on his tummy, doing a little push-up
> with his front legs and swishing his back legs until he moves onto the
> carpet.  Once he's on the carpet, he's fine (although he's still a
> little slow, and his back doesn't arch like it used to).

        We just got a 7yr. old ferret in, he has the same problem. My
vet just put him on a new drug.  If it works as well as it should I'll
let you know.  I believe it's also used on cats and dogs so you should
not have any problem getting it.  I'll get the name of the drug and
post it later.  Also give you an update on this old timer.  I hope it
works he seems to be a very happy ferret.

        Brad