From:
Leonard Bottleman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1993 15:16:21 -0400
I have two female ferrets (Moki, a year old white with silver guard
hairs, and Binky, a 3 month old sable), and live with three cats (also
females).

The cats won't play with Moki (two will run away if she approaches, and
the third just swats at her until she leaves), but Moki loves to torment
two of the cats - chasing them around the house, even up their 4 tiered
scratching post (who said ferrets can't climb?).  But Moki's favorite cat
"game" is to run up to the cat, leap onto its back, and ride the cat
around the house.  Seriously.  She does this whenever she catches up
to the cat she's chasing.  Usually she falls off after the cat runs
out of the room, but she's hung on for a complete circuit through the
house (until we pulled her off the cat to keep either from getting
injured).  She doesn't bite the cats (ever), she just hangs on with
her fore paws.

Binky, on the other hand, gets along great with the cats: she'll play
chase with them, darting in and out of boxes while the cats frantically
try to follow.  Perhaps the cats are now used to ferrets (Moki was
there first), or maybe Binky just has a more mellow personality.

Next time: ferret/parrot interactions.

Leonard Bottleman