From:
Paula Lytle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1993 15:15:48 -0400
Persephone is not particularly interested in snacks. I have offered her
raisins, grapes, and other fruit with no response. She occasionally eats
banana. This weekend at a end of the year picnic she won a number of
students over to ferrets, and she was offered a number of treats- kiwi,
papaya, coconut- all of which she declined to sample.
What she has developed a passion for is Coca Cola. If she sees the can,
she tries to cart it off, generally spilling soda on herself in the
process. I usually placate her by pouring a teaspoon or two into a saucer
until it goes flat. (She doesn't like the bubbles in her nose. That slows
her down, but does not stop her.) Does anyone know of any reason why I
should not give her Coke, other than the prospect of a caffeinated ferret
gives a whole new meaning to the term hyper? I only give her tiny amounts at a
time. Thanks for any comments- Paula