From:
"Denise Coldeway"@MR.SEMATECH.ORG
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 1994 11:01:00 -0600
How come nobody likes my ferrets???????  Well, except for me and
my SO, that is.

My old roommate from college, Laura, came to visit for the
weekend.  She got here at 3pm on Friday and was gone by 8am on
Saturday!  Yes, she was planning to stay the entire weekend!

I guess it could be partly my fault.  After a few beers, I didn't
ferret proof as well as I should have.  I set Laura up on the
couch (pillows, blankets, the whole bit), took the furries to my
room with me, and closed the door.  Apparantly, the boys escaped
some time around 6am, and according to her, proceeded to
"terrorize" her relentlessly!  (They just like to make new
friends!) ;) ;) ;)  I didn't get all the details, but I think she
decided to leave shortly after the boys dumped an entire glass of
water on her head!  It's true, the couch was soaking wet!  Talk
about a rude awakening.  I couldn't help but LOL at the thought!

My question is this:  am I being overly insensitive to the needs
of my friends?  BTW, I also have a cousin who refuses to come
visit because of the furries.  Does anyone else out there have
any experience with ferret intolerant friends or relatives?
Simon and Tyler roam free, almost always have.  I don't want to
cage them!!!  But, I don't want to lose all my friends, either.
Am I being too stubborn?  They say that love is blind, you know.

I was very saddened at the unexpected departure of my friend.
She never came right out and said she was leaving because of the
boys, but I can't come up with any other reason.

I'd appreciate an objective opinion.

Nancy, I'm glad everything went well with little Bree.  Art, your
little Guy, too.  I hope they both continues to recover rapidly.

Denise, Simon & Tyler