From:
Nancy Hartman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1993 18:09:15 -0500
Welcome back, Chris!

I went to the pet store today, and there's a potentially exciting new
food out.  I'm not a nutritionalist, so I would appreciate any input.

Pro Visions
Pro Plan
Turkey & Barley Formula

"Wholesome Ingredients for a healthy skin and coat"
"Turkey as primary ingredient - good source of lineolic acid to promote
healthy skin, a shiny coat and overall good health"
"Made with Better Life whole grains, carefully grown without
applying pesticides"
"Naturally preserved with vitamin E"
"Made with no added artificial flavors, colors or preservatives"  <--- *** :)

Crude protein > 31%
Crude fat > 14%
Crude fiber < 2%
Moisture < 12%
Calcium > .85%
Phosphorus > .8%
Lineolic acid > 1.4%
Vitamin E > 40 IU/kg

And, yes it does contain Taurine!  (Also brewer's yeast, which contains
Chromium)

If anyone's interested, there's an 800 number on the bag - 800 pro plan.

With the high rate of cancer in ferrets, I think this is great!!  I'm
hoping that it turns out to be a good food nutritionally for ferrets.  I
would love to have a nasty-chemical free food!

[Barley?  I think I'd rather eat chemicals ;-)]

- Nancy

Nancy Hartman                     CIS graduate student
[log in to unmask]                  U. of Delaware
        President and founder, Delaware Valley Ferret Club
          Owner of Percy, Bree, & Popcorn, the ferrets