From:
Jeffrey C Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1993 09:43:20 -0500
To respond to two things in one fell swoop....

> O.K., I should probably know this, but just what is L.I.F.E.?

I'm not 100% sure what it stands for (League of Independent Ferret
Enthusiasts?), but L.I.F.E. is a group of Independent ferret clubs.
These clubs include LAFF (Loudoun Area Ferret Fanciers, VA), MFF (Metro
Ferret Friends, DC area), the big Chicago area ferret club, and I think
the Legion of Superferrets (yes?).  These clubs tend to use a scoring
system for shows developed by folks at LAFF; LAFF also has a database
of results from all L.I.F.E. shows, and will supply certificates
based on the scoring.

I can find out more info if anyone is interested.

> [....] Also, when we got Nugget, the pet store gave us
> a card to mail that was a "Neuter & Descent Guarantee."  This was mailed to:
>
> MFU
> 5800 Lake Bluff Rd
> North Rose, NY  14516-9795
>
> Is this a breeder or what?

This is probably Marshall Farms.  Does Nugget have two small dark tattoos
in one ear?  This is the "stamp" of Marshall Farms, the breeder who supplies
most pet stores around here.  We've had tremendous good luck with our two
Marshall Farms ferrets, Mojo and Jordan.

--
Jeff Jones              [log in to unmask]
TV Answer, Inc.              (703) 715-8958