From:
Georgette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1993 17:40:45 -0500
I don't know how accessible this idea is for other ferret owners, but I talked
to my vet about what is called The PetNet. They implant a computer chip just
underneath the skin of your pet and this chip identifies your pet's name, its
address and phone # etc as well as any health problems (ex. diabetic). My vet
said that though no one had inquired to him about their ferret getting one of
these chips, that it would be a good idea and should be no problem at all.

I now live in an apartment and the boys are in a cage when they're not being
supervised and there's not really a need for it, but I *definitely* plan on
having this procedure done when I move into a house (hopefully in about 2 or 3
years!!). Just an idea that you may want to look into for your buddies!