From:
Heather Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1993 10:40:14 -0500
* Subject: Good food alternatives?
* From:  Lynn-Anne Friese <[log in to unmask]>
*
* Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for alternatives
* to Science Diet/Iams/Nature's Recipe.  I know I probably won't find anything
* that's nearly as good nutritionally, but I thought I could try to find
* something relatively decent, or at least not harmful to them.  Any advice?

    Well, when I'm home, I get Ferret Bits from our pet store. I feed
her regular cat food when I run out here at school and she doesn't mind
the change at all. But the Ferret Bits are from Pet America, 4433 Calumet Ave.
Hammond Indiana 46327. (THat's the packager/distributor and it's local
to my home.)

    BTW, does anyone know where I could get a copy of that book
"Biology and Diseases of the Ferret"? I'm a Biochem major with an
interest in medicine, so I'd like to have it handy if Chelsea gets sick
or drag it along to the vet's if it gets beyond my meager assistance!

--
    "Ahh, we were just talking about you."     | Heather "Moose" Garvey
    "That's refreshing, Jenner --              | Biochemistry - CWRU '93