Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:56:14 -0300
Here goes...

For me, it all started back in '93.

I was at one of our local pet stores buying supplies for my aquarium. I
saw a gorgeous critter, he was out and about while his living quarters
was being cleaned. He scurried under a cabinet type thingy and kept
peeking up at me, so I enquired...he was on sale due to his age and
manners, a 6 month old nippy sable.

Sold the aquarium and took on my first ferret, Jade Elaine.

I knew nothing of ferrets, but yet I knew this critter was for me.
Researched to no end online, joining, the FML, FAIML, FHL, and most
recently a member of the fb Holistic Ferret Forum, btw all are
EXCELLENT for ferret info! It took 3 months of TLC to nip the nipping
in the bud. Jader turned into a royal sweetie. About a year later, I
welcomed a 2nd sable ferret (from a friend who was selling hers), Daisy
Mai, beautiful, social butterfly. Daisy and Jader became buddies.

I lost Jader in November '99, he refused to die on my birthday, so he
held on for 1 more day, (died during surgery). I didn't want to see
Daisy alone, as I now had a fond appreciation for having at least 2
ferrets, a million reasons why ;)

In a few short weeks, I purchased Amber-Lynn, a beautiful little
cinnamon girl. Both females got along famously. They rolled, tumbled,
frolicked together until Daisy crossed in March '01.

Amber-Lynn (Ambi) was a lone ferret til September '01. Then came Nikki
Taur, a beautiful DEW. Nikki and Ambi became pretty much inseparable.
Ambi died just a few days after Christmas in 2006, (Dec. 28). After
losing Ambi, it just seemed like Nikks went downhill, always seeming
to have health issues of sorts. He died on September 15, 2008, during
treatment at the vet :(

Here I was, 15 years later and no more ferrets, broken hearted as all
get out. My Fab 4 gone from my life in 15 years :(  This heartbreak
took a toll on me, and I went into a depression and had a breakdown.

All of my ferrets were cremated and placed in their respective urns in
a beautiful cherry cabinet, so that I never lose my connection with
them. In the event of my death, I am to be cremated, all of our
cremains will be 'mixed' together, there will be no more separation,
physically and spiritually.

I kept all my ferrety things...everything, I couldn't let go.

2013 I joined a fb group, Ferret Lovers Society of Atlantic Canada
(FLSAC). A member of the group was looking to unload 3 ferrets, started
out wanting $200 for everything, there were no takers. The FLASC
themselves, tried to acquire the ferrets, but the member would have
no part of it. In the end this member was willing to split them up,
'whatever' to be rid of them. I chimed in...as I know that separating
ferrets can have detrimental effects on their wellbeing and I didn't
want that to befall these three.

I conversed with the member, stating my past experience with ferrets,
and she announced to the board that she was GIVING all 3 ferrets and
accessories to me. 3 gorgeous ferrets; (renamed) - dark sable male,
Rastus aka Rassi (nippy gaffer), sable male, Oland aka Oli (sweetheart)
and a female, Sindi aka Sinni (princess).

I am so happy and blessed the FLSAC forum member chose me to have these
3. Meant to be!!

Over the years I've spent $1000s on supplies and vet care for my
children of fur. Expensive pets? Very much so! But the joy that each
one has brought to my heart is immeasurable -- as I see it, all debts
paid in full :)

PS: Bob C...I am slowly weaning my current 3 to a raw diet (thanks
so much for your diet series over the years and also to the Holistic
Ferret Forum). The difference in their wellbeing is PHENOMINAL!!

Until we meet again my precious Fab 4- Jade Elaine, Daisy Mai,
Amber-Lynn & Nikki Taur, I miss you guys to no end :(

Rastus, Oli & Sindi, you will always have a home with me xox :)

All too soon, you'll be my Magnificent 7...

Jadesun

Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard disk?