From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2013 22:58:29 -0700
I always love a happy ending. A couple of nights ago I got the FB
message I have been waiting for - waiting for for about three weeks.
The B-Man was in the hands of one of my rescue resources on Long Island
who put her heart and soul into getting this kid from his uninformed
and a bit weird humans.

It all started here on the FML when Bluwillow posted a Craig list ad
for this kid about three weeks ago. I made contact with the owner. He
was described as a "she who was probably eight years old, sick and
might have worms." After contact with the female owner I contacted
Kathleen, a vet tech, ferret lover (among other animals) and a L.I.
resident. She hopped right on it. (I live in the Rochester, NY area
on the opposite end of NYS).

I am always amazed at how some folks wants to dump a ferret, and a sick
ferret at that. Then, they insist on being as difficult as they can be
when one offers help; free help to boot.

My hat is off to Kathleen. I wasn't able to offer much more than moral
support and a few suggestions from the other side of the state - even
got to the point where I was ready to offer money to sway them. She
stayed on them, patient and flexible. It paid off. Thursday night they
met up handing B-Man over in a filthy box, along with his filthy cage.
I always encourage getting the cage. It makes it harder for them to
replace pets as it is usually the biggest cost besides the pet. The
female wanted to make Kathleen aware that "she" had a sore on her
belly she had had a long time. Ever the educator, Kathleen explained
that "she" was a male ferret and the sore was a penis. It was also
determined that his "worms" were maggots in his cage.

I've been told the B-Man cleaned up real good. With nails trimmed and a
clean coat he is in pretty good shape. The vet thinks he is between 7-8
YO. He does have cataracts in each eye and is blind. Kathleen says he
is also deaf. He arrived at about 8 oz. and is now over a pound and a
half. He has been treated for parasites and received his vaccinations.

Despite his issues, The B- Man has discovered a wonderful place called
"My Forever Home." He has also adopted the family cat. He now has other
ferret brothers and sisters to interact with as well. Living up to the
legendary "Little Thief" ferret title, Barnabas stole Kathleen's heart
with the first picture she received of him. Apparently, he is quite
happy dooking and doing his little ferret dance with his new cat. Being
a ferret seems to come natural to him when in his natural and loving
habitat.

Thank yous are also extended to Debbie, Kathy, Joanne and Stephanie for
their offers of homes, donations and stand-by locations to hold this
ferret on Long Island til I could get to him when rescued. Glad to
have all of you on this team!

Most respectfully,
Cathy Ryan

Today is the best day to do a good deed.

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3