From:
Nathan Karpf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2014 00:20:41 -0500
How I started with ferrets. In the early 1980s one of my best friends
mom had two beautiful little stableboy's. one was absolutely sweet and
just loves to give kisses to everyone. The other liked the crawl into
your sleeping bag and chew on your toes like they were tasty vittles.
Seeing that I spent a lot of time over my friends house I got very used
to having the ferrets round and absolutely fell in love with them and I
decided at that point in time that someday I would be a favorite owner
I just didn't know when. In 2001 came my chance my wife Tami called me
from a friends and told me that this person was going to get rid of
they're ferret because it was old (gasp). I told Tami to scope him up
and bring him home right then no one should be thrown away because
they're old. This is how we ended up getting Serenity. Serenity was
free roam first thing in the morning he'd we would open up his house
and he would stay out and about all day long until bedtime at which
time he would climb into his home go to sleep and we close the door
until morning. He was my little old man. We had him for just over a
year before he passed. Is estimated age was 11. He love to steal coke
cans and fruitloops. He hide our daughters toys in the couch. The pain
of his loss hurt me so much it took a few years for me to get back on
the horse so to speak. In 2005 we got wiggles our first kit and joined
a ferret group. It's been a wonderful ride from there. We have given
love and shelter to 20 ferrets that our no longer with us and and the
4 still with us today. So that's my story of how I started out with
ferrets.

Mystic aka Nathan Karpf