Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 03:50:15 -0400
From:
Priscilla Gabrielle <[log in to unmask]>
It was summer of 2002. I have always loved animals. I had 3
parrots, (sun conure, meyer`parrot, and a gray-cheeket parakeet). I
bred parakeets and society finches too! Oh, and I can't leave out
the gerbils, and cute little mouse like critters called Degu's! I had
friends who owned a pet store, and helped them out working on the
weekends when needed. The day was a Saturday, and I was working in the
pet store. My friends got in a shipment of ferrets! I was horrified!
I loved animals, - but NOT FERRETS! They were dirty, smelly creatures
that bit! Yes, I am ashamed now to say that is what I thought. After
hearing of my dismay, one of my friends scooped up a little kit and
thrust it into my arms! I think she said something like," I think
you will change your mind, -- hold this, (the kit), for awhile"!

In my arms was the most adorable little brown and white kit, so small
it fit into one hand. I was informed that "it" was a female. Her face
had a blaze, kinda crooked, and the most beautiful eyes! She had a
white tip on her tail, and some white on two of her feet.

I couldn't put her down!!! I was smitten!!

Fortunately, I was in a pet shop. I grabbed a book on ferrets that they
had for sale, and began reading. Kept reading between customers, and at
lunch. I pretty much read the whole book at record speed! All the while
holding the little ferret, or carrying her inside my sweater. She was
so darling and cute. She reminded me of a little flower blossom about
to bloom! Oh no- I had already named her-Blossom! At that point I knew
she was coming home with me! Well, I bought her a cage, food, blanket,
water bottle, bed, bowl, and about 4 toys! With assurances from my
friends that I could return her if I didn't "like" her, she came home
with me! Turns out I didn't like her - I LOVED her!

This tiny adorable panda blaze launched me into the world of ferrets!
She turned out to be deaf. While trying to get information on deaf
ferrets I found out there were ferret shelters. I contacted one, and
formed an online friendship with the shelter Mom. Her knowledge and
advice was invaluable! Ferrets were so different from any other animal
I had owned. Totally different learning curve.

Blossom was a patient, kind and wonderful teacher. She had such
personality, and was so adorable, calm, and sweet! People I met were
drawn to her. She became a favorite at the vets, and of my friends!
She was a great ferret ambassador. I am sure she changed many peoples
attitude about ferrets!

I lost my sweet Blossom at age 3 to IBD ! I think she fought as long
as she could for me!

I was heartbroken and lost without her. Coming home from work, the day
after she died I stopped at a red light. It was raining a bit, and as
I sat there I began to cry thinking of her. Directly in front of me
the most beautiful rainbow appeared. It wasn't there one moment, and
the next it was. I knew it was a sign from my Blossom telling me she
was alright. She had arrived at the Rainbow Bridge! Somehow I felt
her telling me not to be sad. I could "feel" her presence and love!

I couldn't live without ferrets for more than one more day. I knew
Blossom wanted me to love more babies! So, into my life came Ralph and
Trixie, then Zaphod. They have all earned their wings too. I like to
think they are all together dancing and dooking at the Rainbow Bridge!
I love and miss them all,, everyday! Each was so precious and special
in their own fuzzy way!

I am currently "owned" by Buddha! I adopted him about a year ago. He
is my joy! He makes me laugh and smiile even on my worst days!

I can't imagine a more perfect pet for me now! Ferret's Rule!

And I "blame" it all on Blossom! Fly High Little One! Give Trixie,
Ralph, and Zaphod a hug for me!