From:
Bonnie Tormohlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2013 07:51:07 -0700
Sukie said:
> http://www.boredpanda.com/cat-transit-system/
>People have done some similar but less robust things for ferrets.

LOL indeed...when we built our outdoor adoption room for the ferrets,
my husband and I went to elaborate measures to safely install a system
of tunnels on one wall of the room using heavy duty 4" dust hose. Many
holes were drilled to assure the braces for the clear tunnels were
deeply anchored in the walls. We thought it looked splendid and the
ferrets seemed to get a kick out of it. Then the "Power Poof Girls"
came from the laboratory in Cali and they just never really grasped the
concept I guess. Once they figured out the tube system was safe to play
in...they decided it also made for a fabulous place to toilet...and
they left little presents of thankfulness at every bend in the tube!
As you can well imagine, there is no way to clean out 10' sections of
tubing attached to the wall....so down it came, and never went back up.

Ah well.

Bonnie Tormohlen/Vet Tech
Managing Director
Northern Arizona Ferret Alliance & Rescue, Inc