From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2014 21:17:43 -0400
For those of yall that are not near the U of G V-Hosp, but want to
possibly donate blood, I contacted the vet at the U of G Vet Hospital,
as I am not in GA, and asked if blood could be sent overnight from a
locations for those not in Georgia or not close the hospital.

The answer I got was YES, that blood could be drawn at my vets office,
IF they have the resources to draw blood from ferrets and shipped
overnight Refrigerated, NOT Frozen.

Also, this raises the question, Do Ferrets Have Blood Types? I should
know, as long as I have had ferrets, but after reading the post
yesterday realized that I do not know if they do or not :( I would
guess Yes to that...

But if my two males are a match, if that is the case, then I will be
sending some blood as soon as my vet returns from vacation...

Howard