From:
Nikki Kimura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:14:58 -0700
Hello,

I live in CA. As long as you keep ferrets and ferret supplies hidden
and out of sight, there is really nothing to worry about.

The Ag Check Points are rarely open due to budget cuts so people are
free to drive through without being stopped. And even if it is open,
they will just ask if you have any out of state produce. Say 'no' and
they will wave you through.

My father often goes to Nevada for business. He drives up there and has
never been stopped going through the Nevada border. And it's almost
always closed.

My friends from Arizona are currently visiting. They said the southern
border check point is also not open either. They just drove right
through with no issue. Not to mention they were also driving with an
illegal animal (not ferret).

There are half a million ferrets in this state. There are also a number
of degus, hedgehogs, and sugar gliders; all animals that are illegal
here in CA. They all have gone through the border with no issue. No one
hardly ever takes the 'secret' Ferrets Anonymous routes. In my opinion
it would be more 'suspicious' to authorities to see an out of state car
driving through those routes instead of the main highway anyway. Just
relax and keep a low profile. Keep all ferrets out of sight and all
will be well.

Good luck.