From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2013 18:37:36 -0400
Hi Clover,

Although I normally do not remove the scent glands of my ferrets, and
also do not advise doing so to my clients (I am a breeder), there are
times when it is medically necessary to do so. I did have a ferret with
scent gland issues - they kept filling and becoming infected - and
eventually she needed to have them removed.

One thing that you might try first, if you haven't already, is soaking
her bottom-side in warm (not hot water) one or more times a day.
Sometimes a 5 or more minute soak will loosen things up enough to
allow the glands to empty on their own. If not, you may need to
consider surgical removal of the glands.

Danee DeVore

ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!
See - http://www.ferretadv.com/
Owner of The Clay Ferret

Quality Kits Raised With Love
Color Logo TCF