Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2014 09:20:15 -0400
If we could get BIG to tell us all his story about getting involved
with ferrets.....and then how he came to be the Oz of the FML? I'd
like to hear his unique story.

[Moderator's note: The short answer is I've always thought the furry
little critters were really cool looking! But, as a child, my family
really were not animal lovers and I had no pets.

When I finally was in a situation to consider a 4-legged companion
animal someone pretty much bought me a ferret at a ferret show from
someone who had to give her up. Maybe she cost $5 or $10, I don't
recall. The more I researched them, the more I decided they were just
what I wanted to be: funny, smart, mischievous, playful and forever
young.

Anyhow, getting into moderating the FML was just because I was in the
right (or wrong) place at the right time. (Newsgroups/e-mail and such
were part of my job and I discovered the FML and could assist.) And
STILL doing so after close to 20 years proves I'm not smart, playful
nor forever young. Mischievous? Maybe. BIG]