From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2014 19:13:01 -0400
It has taken me more than a week to write this. My sweet Boomer left
for the Rainbow Bridge with the help of our vet and with me whispering
in his ear how much I loved him.

My daughter had bought him to me after hiding him out in her dorm room
for a few days. He had been on craigslist and hadn't been out of his
cage in years. He was a huge silver panda and the sweetest guy ferret
ever. His legs were very weak from inactivity. He could barely walk at
first....then he never walked again.....he bounced..... BOING BOING
BOING.....until the cancers slowed him down. He had a bad tooth and the
vet said not to bother with it because he didn't have much longer to
live. I told him I didn't care if he only had a week, he wasn't going
to have a sore tooth for that week. That was last Nov. I'm glad I had
that tooth removed. It was only him and Snow left and I felt like it
was a race to the Bridge with them. Boomer won and now sweet Snow is
lost without him. They lost their pal Jewel a while back. Snow does
have playmates from another cage but she doesn't want to live with
them. When I brought Boomer home I gently laid him in the cage until it
was "loose time" and then I put him on his blanket where he always laid
while the others romped, played and visited him. At first Snow wouldn't
let the others near him. I've never seen that before. Then as Hero,
Ara, Moxie and Darla insisted, she finally gave in and each of them
sniffed him. Ara was devastated. For some reason she had always loved
Boomer since the day she arrived, often giving him kisses as he lay
on his blanket. Later in the day I wrapped Boomer in a furry white
blanket, placed him in a tin that had a snow scene on it and buried
him under one of the apple trees near my sweet Tyki who is this month's
FML calendar ferret. I miss both of them so much. My sweet boys.

Nancy and her 10 in OR