From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2013 06:51:24 -0700
Hi Everyone;

It has been a pretty crazy few months in the Ryan household. I have
been trying to keep my head above water running in and out of town
with my 92 year old Mom now in a Nursing home two hours away. Mike
has been wonderful holding down the fort and providing his toes and
other entertainment for my 16 ferrets and other critters here.

Friday I received a phone call of concern that had me packed and out
of town in a short time. I was gone for the weekend. Upon my return, I
found that Jillie Feet Ryan, the Matriarch of the Ryan Ferret Clan is
having hindend weakness. She has had some med changes with hopes that
will help, but I worry her old age and her old body are catching up
with her. We are hoping to celebrate her 9th birthday next month.

I have never used the Ferrets Flyers or whatever names are given to the
set of wheels that have been used by so many to help the elders get
around. Jillie is sleeping more these days, but up until a few days
ago, she was starting her day like Uncle Lukey did, a stroll outside
with time to stop and smell the flowers. Her spirits are good so I
would like to try to provide her an opportunity to keep on doing her
thing.

If you have a set of wheels to help Jillie or know of someone who may,
please e-mail me so I might help my Jillie continue to enjoy her last
days.

It is going to be a tough summer if I lose two of the most important
Matriarchs in my life. I keep telling myself if Mom and Jillie go close
together it is because God thinks they should be in Heaven together.

When I got Mom set up in her room at the NH, I had a stuffed ferret
with me that I often travel with. Mom promptly procured and held that
ferret all through my visit. He now resides on a shelf that she can
see from her bed watching over her - I suspect for me while I can't
be there.

Thank you for any help you might provide. Cathy Ryan and Jillie Feet

Today is the best day to do a good deed.

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3