Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2014 22:23:35 -0700
From:
Lonny Eachus <[log in to unmask]>
Just a minor correction. Nothing personal.

I too liked the ferret in Golden Compass. But many things in the movie
are ambiguous because it was intended to be the 1st in a 4-part series,
following the books by Phillip Pullman. Many things in the movie are
not explained... they are revealed in parts 2-4.

The animals in the movie are not trained pets. They are called
"daemons" (pronounced "demons"), and they are actually the souls of
the people with whom they are paired.

That is why the bad king polar bear wanted a daemon so badly... the
bears were intelligent but had no souls.

Anyway, I thought they did a good job on the movie (including the
ferret) and I would like to see movies of the rest of the series too.