From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2013 13:44:26 -0400
The Xavier - A Ferret Abroad Facebook group has also created a Canine
Distemper Vaccination Clinic Grant program.

Basically, it will pay ferret shelters grant of $2 per ferret
vaccinated by a licensed veterinarian for canine distemper during a one
day vaccination clinic. A minimum of 10 ferrets must be vaccinated that
day. The minimum amount of the grant will be $25 USD. The maximum
amount of the grant will be $100 USD (or equivalent). Any shelter,
hospice, halfway house or rescue located in Australia, Canada, the
United Kingdom or the United States is eligible. The shelter needs to
Xavier group and host one of our plushies at the event. This is how the
group raises funds. It's actually fun. We also need to pre-approve that
the grant is available for the event just to be sure we have the funds
in our budget. Right now we do.

The shelter does not have to be a 501(c)3 to apply. If it is, the fund
can send the grant payment directly to the shelter. However, it is
isn't or if the clinic is held outside the US, the payment will go to
the vet to be applied to the shelter's account.

Note: It is up to the vet which vaccine to use. However, vaccinations
must be vet administered. Also the vet has to certify the number done,
vaccine used and lot number/s to us via email/fax. Yes, we know 10
times $2 equals $20 - but decided $25 should be the min payment. We
are starting with $2 per vaccination. If we can increase the payment
eventually, we will, but had to start somewhere. Further, there is no
reason that shelter ferrets cannot be included in the clinics. The
funds goal is CD vaccinated ferrets.

The first shelter participant is Lakeroad Ferret Farm. Their Clinic
Day is being held June 8, 2013 in Naples, NY. Xavier group's shelter
"plushie" Zinan will be in attendance. We are hoping Brenda has a
great turnout so we can give lots of money away.

Ann Gruden
Ferret Association of Connecticut