Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 02:18:23 -0400
Hi Carol:

Is this one of the small ones (about 6-8" long) w/ only one button on
the belly, or one of the larger ones, that has a moving head & tail?
Either way, sounds to me like there is a button stuck somewhere, like
on it's stomach, if you have it resting on it's stomach on the shelf
it's on. Try rolling it over onto it's side, & see if that makes it
stop.

Mine is in the shop right now. It's the larger one (although I do also
have a small one). The problem w/ the larger ones is that the gears
that move the head & tail are made of cheap plastic, & they slide out
of alignment & begin to wear down very quickly. I have someone looking
for metal gears to replace the plastic ones w/. I'd unstitched the
battery pouch side of it & took the mechanics out, so I could see why
the tail wasn't moving at all, & the head wasn't when it was supposed
to most of the time. Disassembling the tail gear box showed me the
problem w/ the gears being cheap. I could probably fix it myself, but
I can't find the metal gears.

Lin