From:
Shirley Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2013 11:18:28 -0400
This is just my take. I think that by letting a little girl get a
ferret when there is a cat in the house who does not tolerate other
pets, you are teaching her a that it is OK to ignore one pet for
another when the new one is more interesting. The family needs to
take a really good look at how getting another pet is going to affect
the cat, who, after all, does have certain rights. Only the family
can answer those questions, but if the cat is going to be negatively
affected, then having a ferret should wait. Just my opinion.

Shirley Larsen