From:
Libby Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2013 10:51:26 -0700
I agree with the statement that most of us work full time and are very
busy. Why would someone need to remind a potential Santa? Couldn't you
write a reminder to yourself on a datebook, calendar, note taped to a
cupboard? Not everyone is on Facebook, so why is that the definitive
reminder avenue? Melanee works long and hard to put the tree together,
monitor legitimate shelters and keep things flowing. Why would she have
the spare time to monitor the numerous trees for forgetful Santas? On
another note, I have selected more ferrets than I could afford for
several years because people keep pleading that there are ferrets
still unselected on the trees. Because I feel terrible if some poor
sweetheart might get left out, I pick more than I'd planned. It really
hurts when I never hear a word if the package even arrived, much less
if the shelter operator liked what was sent.