From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2013 09:36:37 +0300
Dear GOd in Heaven -- Lufthansa is giving me a scare. I think they are
wrong, but they are now telling me that animal transport is charged in
an entirely different way from what they have in their website and from
what I confirmed with a Lufthansa rep at the airport abt 6 months ago.
Nothing has changed on the website. We are talking thousands more
dollars.

I'm not going to send this post till I get definite info.

                 ******* Time passes ********
    [isn't this whole thing here like a old-time movie drama?]

The original pricing structure holds. Plus --  *!|!* hooray *!|!* --
I do not need to get involved with Customs and so --  *!|!* HOORAY
*!|!* -- don't need to make that extra trip bringing the animals to
the airport for Customs to check.

It appears that the women who were at the reservation desk the
first time I went in gave me deliberately false and trouble-causing
instructions. Or they were simply unable to do their jobs correctly. I
wasted many hours and had many unpleasant experiences while I chased
around following their directions.

So, in the end, this morning's uproar was positive -- no extra trip to
the airport for the animals. Plus I now have good people to deal with
at Lufthansa reservations.

There is, of course, the inconvenience of making another drive into
the Lufthansa office to re-reserve the animal transport. And there is
(of course?) a potential SNAFU involved in that, but I'll hold off
describing it and, instead, go make myself a nice breakfast.