Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:11:48 -0700
I just got a phone call from the Human Society, they had a ferret
"relinquished" to them, but they don't handle ferrets. This little one
was found eating the garbage at the curb. Apparently the people just
moved out and left their possessions on the curb and this ferret was
eating the garbage there. I have not seen this ferret yet, they don't
know if its a boy or girl but he/she is very energetic but has some
hair lost on the shoulder back area. I'm going to pick him/her up
tomorrow afternoon.

I will know more about this ferret tomorrow, I just wanted to check
around and see if anyone wanted to give this ferret a home.

I would love to but I don't think we can, because we just took in 3
from a family who could no longer care for them. Two of the new ferrets
are obviously adrenal with nearly bald bodies. So we will have to save
up to get them deslorin implants. This last year has been tough on our
ferret budget with some big bills. 3 deslorin implants and the sudden
loss of the heart of our ferret group. He suddenly took ill in the
evening and we rushed him to an emergency clinic. 3 hours and $600
later we had to have him put down, he had cardiomyopathy and we never
had a clue until it was too late.

Anyway. I just wanted to put feelers out to see if there was a home
available. I have a couple ideas, one of which is a shelter on the
other side of the state. We are located near Flint Michigan.

Have a nice day

Mike