From:
Patti Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 21:43:24 -0800
I read the article but this seems pretty overblown to me. The tax isn't
on equipment that is only for animals, half the manufacturers say they
aren't going to increase their costs, and no prices have gone up yet.
So how does any vet know they are going to have to put off a purchase?

If an IV Pump cost $1500 and was taxed and the manufacturer did pass
on the tax that's a total increase of $34.50. I don't know how many
patients would use the pump but supposing it lasts a year and is used
by 100 patients (and I think those are really low numbers) then the
cost would go up 34 cents for each patient.

And the vet can claim the cost of the equipment off his/her business
taxes.

Patti the skeptic