Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:24:17 -0400
I have a girl with chronic hair wad problems. She gets pumpkin in her
soup daily, more than any of my other ferrets, but it is still a big
problem. She just got a major bacterial infection from a partial
blockage, and the bacterial infection quickly spread to her two
cagemates. This was by far the nastiest such infection of the GI tract
that I've ever had to deal with, and in fact all 3 had to go to the
vet as a result, and are still fighting it 4 days later.

My vet mentioned that I might want to try papaya extract with her in
the future, as it can dissolve hair in the GI tract. I'm wondering if
anyone has used this, and if so, how much did you use for it to be
effective? I don't like over-using any kind of ferret laxative, so
this would be a good alternative if it does actually work.

Jeff
In Loving Memory of Neo, Sweet Sylvie, Trinity, Morphy, Baby Girl,
Dozer, Possum, Pip, Pop, Sabrina, Minnie Mouse, Hunny, Misty, Frodo,
Baggins, and Mr. Parker
Caring for Luna, Boomer, Zoomer, Bella, Gemini, Pinky, Simba, and Nala