From:
Lin Talbot-Koehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:39:51 -0400
I was a little bummed w/ my HE washer at first, until an appliance
technician (who was at the house working on our dryer) told me the
secret to using them:

Don't use too much detergent! In the drawer where you put the
detergent, etc, do NOT put more than the depth of 2 quarters (as in,
the coins) in. And, if you still find that things don't seem to be
rinsed well enough, or there's any foam left over at the end of the
wash cycle, run it on the extra rinse & spin cycle. (I actually run
that cycle on *all* my laundry, cos it also helps get more water out
of heavier items, making them easier to dry.)

Also, be sure to clean the rubber ring at the front of the barrel every
day. Things collect in there, too, like hair, stray litter, etc. My
kids don't always shake stuff out of the bedding before throwing it
in the washer, so it's important to remember that, too. And empty the
filter once a wk, as well. The more stuff that collects in there, the
less effective it is.

The problem I had wasn't so much w/ pet hair, but my *daughter's* hair!
She has very long, thick hair, & I think she sheds more than all our
animals combined! Since I started doing what the technician said, I
haven't had a problem.

Good luck!

Lin