From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 21:37:07 -0400
Last Friday I got a call from my vet's office that a ferret had been
found wandering around a parking lot and was chased by crows. He spent
3 days at the vet's with no calls about him or notices in the paper.
When the vet tech asked the 3 vets and everyone else that works or
volunteers there what to do with him she got the same response each
time....give him to Nancy. So another has joined us. His name is Kirk
(short for Captain Kirk) and was named by one of my sons who is a
"Trekkie" and was down from Seattle for the latest high school
graduation of one of his sisters, the third graduation in a row with 2
more in the next 2 years. Yes...5 high school graduations in 5 years
time, WHEW. The 2 sisters came back from college for the graduation so
I had a housefull when Kirk arrived. He didn't seem to mind and just
likes people....I wonder about his background and always will I guess.
He looks to be 2 or 3 years and reasonably healthy.

On a personal note.... my daughter Alexis who graduated Sat night was a
Salutatorian, the Class President, is a National Honor Society member,
wore a red braid around her neck signifying the fact that she has
donated blood numerous times to the Red Cross, gave the opening speech
(I cried), received so many awards that I lost count and then received
thousands of dollars in scholarships. She is amazing!! Her 2 older
sisters now in college are also National Honor Society members and
received similar awards and scholarships when they graduated high
school.....2 more to go now, Mary and Rose who are also honor students
in high school...WHEW.....my 2 sons (who both work for Microsoft) and
my 5 daughters have certainly made me proud. I'm a very lucky mom to
have such great kids!!! Okay, done bragging....

Nancy and her 11 ferrets including the newbie Captain Kirk in OR