From:
Jessica Trovato <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2013 20:42:12 +0100
I moved my two Ferrets from America to the UK in September and I flew
with them on British Airways. We had a little bit of a hiccup when one
of my boys, Ringo, got nervous and started to scratch wildly at the
crate when I was dropping them off. British Airways became nervous and
denied him boarding because of this. They were concerned that he would
somehow get out of the crate, they wanted me to have a custom built
crate for them, which would have taken a week minimum. I had to check
them into a pet hotel and hire a pet mover to take care of the
preparations for me. The pet mover worked some magic for me and got
British Airways to agree to just allowing her to put some mesh screens
(the kind you have on windows) up against the crate's air holes and
they were able to join us in the UK a few days later.

I was really upset because I had been in contact with them dozens of
times in the months leading up to this and no one had said anything to
me about a custom crate or the need for there to be screens against the
air holes or a custom crate, which they stated was the IATA regulation.
I cried so hard about leaving my babies behind that British Airways
took pity on me and upgraded my flight to first class.

Jessica Trovato
"Never let go of hope. One day you will see that it all has finally
come together. What you have always wished for has finally come to be.
You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask
yourself... 'How did I get through all of that?"