From:
Leanne Bochenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2013 08:42:10 -0700
Hi all,

This sounds like a individual ferret had a problem. I myself have been
using Wilderness (Duck and Chicken versions) in my mix for over 5.5
years with not one problem. I only have one case of insulinoma that the
ferret in question was almost four when I got her years ago. The others
in my care are 6+ years old now, no insulinoma. Luck? Maybe but higher
quality foods with little or no carbs have made all the difference
here.

Back the the BB. It is quite possible that your ferret had this
particular problem ( I have no idea what you have fed previously or
whether you introduced the new food all at once alone) but I always
transition my guys to new foods because even in dogs and cats,
constipation happens in some and diarrhea in others happens. It depends
on the animal and their digestive system and what they are used to.

Also with any kibble it's important to make sure they have access to
clean water everyday. I caution people only using water bottles with
their ferrets to make sure their ferrets have a water bowl of some kind
available all day. They just don't get enough water from a bottle. That
in itself with any kibble can cause problems.

Leanne B