From:
Andrea Whenham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2013 21:52:22 -0600
I have seen lots of commotion lately about taxidermy being sold on
sites like Etsy and eBay. I just want to make clear that technically,
taxidermy IS a form of art. In most cases, the animals have passed away
from natural causes. Etsy is a site for art and handcrafted items,
taxidermy does fall under that category!

I understand that some people do not enjoy taxidermy, but that does not
mean that everyone feels the same way. Just because you do not enjoy
it, does not mean that it should not be allowed to be sold on common
websites. If you do not like it, do not look at it. There is nothing
morally wrong about taxidermy, or any of the other subclasses of
taxidermy (wet-specimens, etc).

Sincerely,
Andrea W