Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2013 22:58:44 -0700
From:
Bonnie Tormohlen <[log in to unmask]>
I can't answer what happened to the National Zoo's camera, but the
Phoenix Zoo BFF Conservation Center currently has their cameras
running. On May 13th one second-time mom gave birth to 6 kits and one
passed. She is currently on Cam4 with her remaining 5 kits...and they
are growing fast. She's a great little mom.

They move the cameras between the dens, and if you're watching at the
right time (usually around 9:30am Arizona time) you might get to watch
them doing the cleaning and maintenance (the facility is very well
kept). The BFFs are under strict quarantine, so the only way to see
them is via camera both online and at the front of the Conservation
Center.

A couple days ago I watched one young mom give birth to two kits on
Cam3, and another first time mom had one stillborn (very sad).
According to the spokesman that I have been in contact with regularly,
there are still several more moms that will be birthing over the next
3-4 weeks. The majority of their births are successful, the ferrets
are all assigned numbers for easier tracking (no names given) and many
of the kits will be released around October at any of the 19 release
sites around the US.

I had the honor of helping AZ Game and Fish with the spring
"spotlighting" here in Arizona in April. I can't explain how exciting
it truly is, after driving and hiking around through the night in 29
degree weather with spotlight in hand, to actually see those emerald
green eyes popping in and out of a hole in the ground and to see their
curious little faces pop out and stare at you. I can't wait for the
fall spotlighting!

Give yourself a warm, fuzzy feeling, please donate to and support BFF
conservation efforts :)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot....the web site is www.camzone.com/phx-ferret

Bonnie Tormohlen
Managing Director
Northern Arizona Ferret Alliance & Rescue, Inc