Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2013 08:17:46 -0500
Sarah Senior Reporter
Daisy Cub Reporter
October/November 2013

Sarah: Well Daisy we are doing double duty again this month! I am not
sure where the time goes but we missed getting the October news out.

Daisy: I know where the time went, into taking care of us, Mum getting
things ready for open house this month, which I will say was a huge
success! Getting those of us that do not have far away families on the
Christmas Giving Tree http://ferretgivingtree.com/ all of the kids on
the tree have Santa's I might add, and driving the Big Yellow Thingy...
Would you like me to go on?

Sarah: Alright already that was a rhetorical question not one you
NEEDED to answer! Mum has also been trying to keep Sandy in one of the
enrichment rooms she uses for new fur kids because it is generally
escape proof. However Sandy got out of that room. Mum spent two hours
revamping the barrier to the kitchen and Sandy still got out! Now Mum
has to tag her cage "No Dining Room" you know like Mum did with you
Daisy because of all the places you cannot go? Then Lucy found that
same spot and got into the enrichment room.. Mum fixed it again and
it looks like this time it is fixed. Mum put the pink ladies in that
room for a trial run and Sandy was unable to escape.

Miss Donna and Mr. Paul were here to work on the property. Mr. Charlie,
Master  Reilly and Miss  Patty set up at Mattydale Petco
http://www.ferretfarm.org/Outreach.html
Then Mr. Charlie, Master Reilly and Daisy's far away mom set up in
Auburn Petco. Pictures will be up soon for that. Miss Jackie brought
Pudge over for camp so she can stay with her son while he recuperates
from surgery. Miss Jackie stayed long enough to help Mum empty the
attic over the new activity center.

Miss Donna Z stopped by to deliver papers, Chase come to camp shortly
after Nora and Chip left for home, they were at camp for a week. Mum
found Chip and Nora sleeping together in the same sleep box, on the
same end of the box so it seems there has been a break though. They
were playing on the stairs this morning chasing each other up and down.
That is a first sleep together since Chip went to live with little
Nora.

Daisy: One day when Miss Ili walk in, Mum heard ( Mum was in the ferret
room) her say WHAT HAPPENED IN HERE IT LOOKS LIKE A BOMB WENT OFF. She
had not yet gotten to the ferret room. Mum was in one of her everything
goes moods so bedding was being stripped from everywhere. Toys going in
the laundry too! Miss Jackie popped in shortly after that and she was
just as shocked to find the place in such upheaval. Miss Ili and Mum
were getting the cage off the porch when Miss Jackie came in. Miss Brie
showed up shortly after that. All of them were trying to keep up with
Mum trashing the place as they were picking it up. It was pretty funny
from where I was watching but I am not so sure that Miss Brie, Miss
Jackie and Miss Ili thought so.

Miss Patty came to Naples to help Mum get more done out in the activity
center she got more of our lumber painted, Janette stopped by to pick
up the cage we had we were not using. She intends to fill it but we
are waiting for just the right one that comes though our doors. Patty
was working on the activity center while my far away mom Marcia came
the same time and helped Mum catch up in the shelter.

Miss Patty taught Mum how to wire the emergency lights she got one of
them done yesterday she will work on the second another day. Mum got
word just the other day there is a fur kid in need of a new home, his
mom is being shipped out and she cannot take him with her. Miss Abby
contacted Mum to see if she could help. Well turns out this fur kid has
a new home with Miss Janette. Miss Abby and Miss Janette are going to
meet at Our Favorite Doc's on the 23rd so little Wesson can get a clean
bill of health and he will go home with Miss Janette that day. A happy
ending to a sad situation.

Sarah: Mum let Daisy in the ferret room to hang out with her for a bit
while she was cleaning our cages, she left the room to move some of us
kids when she came back in to put Daisy away she could not find her.
Mum kept hearing this rattle but could not find where it was coming
from, she turned off the audio book she was listening too. The sound
was coming out of the drawer where Mum stores all our dishes. When Mum
opened the drawer there Daisy was. Daisy must have gotten in there when
Mum was putting the clean dishes away and Mum did not see here when she
closed the drawer.

Miss Jackie came to help Mum get boxes broke down and to the road, and
more stuff out of the activity center. Mum got yard stuff she could do
by herself put away, Miss Jackie helped her get the round table into
the garage and the left door pulled down. Miss Jackie cleaned up the
mast cell on Fluffy Gingers ear, it was looking big and nasty. She got
it cleaned up and looking better treated it with some antibiotic cream
to moisten it.

Henry has a new 4-ever home, he left yesterday with Miss Erin and Mr.
Chris. Miss Tori has been working on our Web site to make it easier
and more user friendly, and we now have a raffle page on our site that
we will use to raffle off the wonderful things folks send us for that
purpose. The kick off to that page is Sunday 11/17/13
http://www.ferretfarm.org/Raffles.html
we hope you like the new look and will enjoy the new page. Me and Daisy
welcome your thoughts on the new look.

we gotta go, this letter is going to be really long and Mr. BIG may not
be able to put it on the FML if it gets any longer.

We hope your Thanksgiving is a warm and enjoyable one.

Sarah and Daisy.

Brenda Johnson
Shelter Director
www.ferretfarm.org