From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2013 07:45:33 -0700
It's not often that I write to the FML, unless it's to say goodbye to
one of our beloved ferrets, or to mention an upcoming club meeting or
the like. But today, I am writing to request everyone to keep a very
special lady, and a great ferret vet in their thoughts and prayers.

I was told yesterday, that our shelter vet, Dr. Katie Erswell was
recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She is early in the whole
process, so things are kind of up in the air. She had a biopsy last
week, and is awaiting the results so they can form a plan of action.

On top of being a fantastic ferret vet, owning her own ferrets for many
years, she is a great person. She is easy to talk to, and is always
willing to research new trends in ferret or other animal medicine. She
has done so much for our shelter over the years, from routine medical
care to providing a shoulder to cry on, after-hours, at her home when
we had to say goodbye to a special ferret .

We couldn't ask for a better caregiver for out ferrets and other
animals, or a better friend! Anyone that has ever dealt with her or
had her sit with them while they said goodbye to a pet, knows how
much she cares about animals and their owners.

Anyone wishing to offer words of encouragement, please send them to;
Dr. Katie Erswell
Pine Point Animal Hospital
12 Pine Point Road
Scarborough, ME 04074

Jim Kennedy, Director
Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from

[permission obtained]